Thursday 29 March 2018

Ted Suren - a largely forgotten figure making Genius

Not been "Blogging" for a long time, my web activity been pretty much focused within the bounds of the "A Military Gentleman" Forum for the last few years. Sadly that has now closed, so I've been reflecting on what (if anything) I do internet wise from here.

Still made and painted a reasonable number of figures (for my speed) over last year or two, but not been posting anything. We shall see.

Anyway, just finished painting a few Ted Suren figures for an upcoming C18th campaign. This chap in particular I think is just an outstanding sculpt. So much life and character, has anybody ever done anything better at this scale?



3 comments:

John Ray said...

John,

As always beautifully painted. Suren figures are timeless, with an elegance only he could sculpt.
The addition of the sword is a good touch.
It is unfortunate that these days the castings need a lot of remedial work, just like the scabbard did not cast to its full length.

Regards
John

John D said...

John,

It's certainly the case that they usually need a fair bit of repair. Something I'm prepared to do for command figures, but not sure I would ever entertain a unit. Maybe one day the range will get properly rescued and restored.

It's a shame for them just to fade away

John

Captain Nolan said...

The figure has such animation. Very nice. Stop by and take a look at some classic Hinton Hunt Napoleonics at my blog: https://battlesandcampaigns.blogspot.com/